Client: University Hospitals Morecambe Bay Foundation Trust (UHMBFT)
To install a modular building to the clients’ operational requirements within a ten week timeline.
The existing stores facility was in another part of the hospital site which was undergoing development and was due to be demolished.
We were commissioned to provide all related services in the procurement and installation of a modular building (c. 144sqm).
The challenging project timeline required the new facility be sited in a car park within 10 weeks to ensure that the planned demolition works could proceed.
During the height of the pandemic, the modular building industry were experiencing significant demand and delivery challenges within the NHS.
- We contacted the leading off-site construction suppliers and undertook a competitive market exercise with a bespoke client brief for the modular facility.
- Working closely with our supply chain contacts, we were able to finalise our clients commission within four weeks of being contacted.
- Design principles (including internal layout) were undertaken in-house and progressed in consultation with the client’s project group.
- An element of external civil works were required to improve access to the modular building for deliveries.
- Building Control and Planning Permission applications were required and managed in-house by our experienced Property Team.
- We purchased and fitted all additional shelving / storage racking requirements for occupation.
- A saving of c.12% on our client’s initial soft market exercise based on a two-year hire period.
- Our client was able to recover the VAT costs through existing financial accounting procedures.
- The proposal includes an option to buy the modular building at the end of the hire term.
- Installed and fully operational one week in advance of the client’s deadline.
- The building is managed by our experienced Property Team and is a further addition to the serviced accommodation portfolio provided to the client.
If you would like further information, please contact us here